If you can spare that much to feel more safe and ease the worry of loved ones, then sign up to be a Pal (someone who is protected).
(if you are answering an invitation to join from someone else, click the link in the email and you will go directly to step 3 below)
1) On our home page, just sign up with an email address that you use regularly.
You will be sent an email to confirm your email address; click the link in the email to continue the signup process.
2) After you confirm your email address, you’ll be asked if you want to check on someone or if you want someone to check on you. Click on “I want someone to check on me” and click next.
If you also want to check on someone, you can set that up after completing registration, by inviting Pals on your Dashboard.
3) In Step 1 of the Wizard you will set up your profile. Confirm your name is correct and enter your gender and timezone.
4) On the same page, you may also enter your mobile number to receive text check-ins and alerts, also for FREE! This will increase your level of protection, because we can text you a recheck if you miss your email/app check-in (or your text message may be your main check-in). Your phone number will only be used to text you check-ins and alerts, and will not be shared.
There are additional helpful hints under the question mark icons on this and other pages
If you’ve entered a mobile phone number, a code will be texted to your phone when you click “next”. On the next page, enter that code, to confirm that we Palcheck is able to send text messages to you.
If you are not able to confirm the number, or don’t receive the code, you can send it again by going to Dashboard> Profile>Edit; you can also skip this step completely and add a phone number later on your edit profile page.
5) In Step 2 of the Wizard, enter the name of the person who you want to protect you, also known as your “Palguard”. If they have already added you (you received an invitation from them), you do not need to add them here, but you can add backup Palguards. If you live alone, consider a someone who lives near you as a backup palguard (someone who may also have a key to your home, in case you miss a check-in and don’t respond to emails or phone calls).
Please also enter a personal message to them, which will be included in their invitation email.
Once you fill in all the boxes click “Add User” before clicking next.
(You may also add more Palguards before clicking “next”, and you can always add more Palguards later from your Dashboard)
6) Step 3 of the Wizard is where you set your check-in time. Make sure the timezone is correct. The check-in time you enter will come automatically every day. (If you sign up for premium after completing the wizard, you will have more check-in options, including additional check-ins each day)
It is not completely necessary to add a daily check-in time here; if you’d just like to set up occasional one-time check-ins (which do not repeat daily), you can do that through the Dashboard once the wizard is completed. You may also change your daily check-in at any time from your Dashboard.
Palcheck recommends setting check-in times soon after you know you’ll have access to a web-enabled device each day (smart phone, tablet, or computer). For premium users, preferably in the morning and also in the evening.
Once you’ve saved your check-in time, click next to complete the wizard.
7) In Step 4, you will set your notification settings (You may also adjust these at any time later, from your Dashboard). Select whether you’d like emails and text messages sent at check-in time, and if you’d like a recheck sent if you miss your check-in, and how long to wait before we recheck on you. You may also select how long you’d like Palcheck to wait after a missed check-in, before sending the first alert.
Palcheck recommends a different form for your check-in and recheck; for instance, an email at check-in time, and a text message at recheck time; in case for some reason you are not receiving emails.
Continue to Using Palcheck as a Pal